Security Industries, Inc. has a policy to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all employees and to abide by all occupational safety and health regulations as they pertain to our industry. The success of our safety program has been measured by the yearly decrease in our annual accident frequency rates. Our current Experience Modification Rate is .81.
Our safety program consists of a safety manual, individual responsibilities per job classification, accident investigation forms and procedures, general safety rules with written acknowledgment, weekly safety meetings, jobsite inspection forms and procedures, vehicle inspection forms and procedures, hazardous communication program, lockout/tagout policy, personal protective equipment list and a drug and alcohol policy. Every new employee goes through the OSHA 10 hour safety class along with the required training at the various plants we do work at. Optionally, new employees can partake in OSHA 30 incentive program. Our safety program is maintained by the Safety Coordinator and reviewed annually by the President.
We have over 499,699 hours logged over the last seven years with no injuries or work related illnesses to report.
Security Industries, Inc. is the recipient of the following awards:
- North West Indiana Business Roundtable - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008.
- CAF / Subcontractor of the Year Award - 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008
- BP Safety Award - 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007.
- TAUC / Thomas J. Reynolds Award for Excellence in Construction Safety & Health - 2007
- The Walsh Group / Safety Award - 2009
- Small Business Person of the Year / Northwest Entrepreneurial Excellence - 2009